26 April 2008

all these little things...


My life these days is composed by many distractions, fragments that, when I piece them together, make some sort of semblance to an ordinary life. I am not simply living a life that is defined by societal and cultural norms, laws, and the expectations of others, but a life which I am composing with the materials that are available to me. It requires resourcefulness and a dedication to imperfection, as well as a good amount of faith.

Weeks move even more swiftly with a routine. A middle-aged academic type who frequents the restaurant told me my expressos are "excelentisimo," and I appreciated his compliment, all the more so because of his use of the word excelentisimo.


We recently obtained a ping-pong table. A tournament is in the works. I may also introduce beer pong to Mexico, just because I can.


I organized a screening of a documentary and not many people came but it was fun, in a nerdy sort of way, to organize something again.